Satisfaction means different things to different people. POET is looking for students who never want to be satisfied. Applicants should be driven, self-motivated learners who see opportunity in ordinary things and welcome the world's biggest challenges. Interested? Here's what you need to know:
"Never Satisfied" Terms and Conditions:
All applicants are expected to read the Terms and Conditions listed below before applying for the Never Satisfied scholarship. When the applicant submits his/her application, he/she is accepting the Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
POET reserves the right to modify or cancel any aspect of the Never Satisfied Scholarship Program and/or any related information contained in the Never Satisfied Website (www.poet.com/neversatisfied), in each case, without prior notice. POET shall not be responsible, and specifically disclaims any responsibility, for the consequences of any such modification or cancelation. POET also reserves the right to accept or reject (for any or no reason) any application for a Never Satisfied Scholarship, and POET has no obligation to grant a scholarship to any applicant, to renew any scholarship once it has been granted or to offer employment or an internship to any applicant.
ACCEPTING THE SCHOLARSHIP
Successful applicants for the Never Satisfied Scholarship will receive an offer letter. The offer letter will outline how to accept, reject or, at the discretion of POET, defer the scholarship. If a successful applicant does not respond to the scholarship offer by the date outlined in the offer letter, his/her scholarship will be rescinded.
CONDITIONS AND CRITERIA
Funding: Ten (10) annual scholarships in amounts of up to $5,000 each.
- One (1) scholarship will be reserved for internal use. Applicant must have a parent, spouse, sibling, aunt/uncle or grandparent who works at any POET location.
- Scholarships are given on an annual basis and must be used only for the academic year immediately following the date of award (e.g., scholarships awarded in April 2018 must be used for 2018-2019 academic year).
- Scholarships will be paid to the successful applicant and/or his or her university, college or other academic institution, as determined by POET. If POET pays the scholarship award to the university, college or other academic institution, the award will be dispersed through its financial aid office in accordance with its usual process.
- Never Satisfied Scholarship recipients must re-apply in the spring of their academic year if they wish to continue their scholarship for the following academic year. Receiving a Never Satisfied Scholarship for any academic year does not guarantee that a student will receive a Never Satisfied Scholarship for any other academic year.
- Scholarships are awarded for a maximum of four years (eight semesters) and do not include summer terms.
Any individual who will be enrolled in a full-time, undergraduate degree program at a two-year or four-year university, college or technical school located in any state within the United States of America during the upcoming academic year.
- No specific degree program requirements
- No minimum GPA
- U.S. citizen
- Recipients of POET Never Satisfied Scholarships may be invited to spend up to a day on POET's Sioux Falls campus during the academic year. This visit is optional and may take place during the spring, summer or fall. POET will work with scholarship recipients to determine mutually convenient visit dates.
- POET Never Satisfied scholars who later apply and are accepted for a POET internship will receive a $500 sign-on bonus.
- Complete "Never Satisfied" Guarantee
- Essay #1 response (500 – 700 words) to the question: "How will you use your passion to change the world?"
- Essay #2 response (200 – 300 words) to the question: "How do you think biofuels can lead to a more sustainable future?"
- Fill-in field for degree of study or planned degree of study
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser, teacher, supervisor, or other professional
- Optional: Video essay
- Optional PDF: Resume or other supporting materials. As part of the final interview process, applicant may be asked to provide a resume and transcript.
- Applications are due no later than February 3, 2018
- Finalists will notified no later than March 16, 2018
- Interviews (in person, Skype or phone) of finalists will occur throughout March and April 2018.
- POET Never Satisfied Scholars will be announced no later than April 27, 2018, via POET's social media accounts, with scholarship offer letters emailed to successful applicants shortly thereafter.
Never Satisfied Scholarship Committee
Attn: POET Communications Department
4615 N Lewis Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57104